The Sherborne Literary Society was formed early in 2012 and is open to everyone.
The aims are to:
• Bring together national and local writers to discuss their work
• Provide a forum for the area’s own aspiring writers
• Create an interest in books amongst young audiences
• Raise the culture of reading
• Demonstrate the fun and creativity associated with the written word
• Run an annual Literary Festival for Sherborne and the surrounding area
You can see the Sherborne Literary Society Constitution here.
You can read a copy of the Association Model Constitution here.
Sherborne Literary Society Committee:
John Gaye - Chairman
Mark Pender - Treasurer
Bob Bowmer - Membership Secretary
Wayne Winstone - Publishing Consultant
Michela Franchini - PR and Marketing
Sherborne Literary Festival Committee:
Jules Bradburn- Chairman/Festival Director
Sue Cameron - Schools Programme Director
Wayne Winstone - Programme Consultant